Control system design has emerged as a critical technology in emerging micro and nanoscale systems. The purpose of this workshop is to bring together some of the leading experts in the field of dynamics and control of micro and nanoscale systems to discuss emerging research problems and recent advances in a relaxed environment. The two-day program, scheduled for 23rd and 24th of February 2012, will consist of keynote speeches (of one hour duration) and a number of (40-minute) invited presentations.
The topics of interest include:
- Dynamics/Control of Nanoscale Positioning Systems
- Emerging Nanopositioning Platforms
- Dynamics of Nanoscale Sensors and Actuators
- Estimation and filtering for Nanoscale Sensors
- Dynamics/Control of Scanning Probe Devices
- Fast and Video-rate Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Emerging Scanning Probe applications: Metrology
- Emerging Scanning Probe applications: Nanofabrication
- Control of Micro and Nanomanipulators
- Control of Nanorobotic Systems
- Control Methods for Micro-/Nanoscale Drug Delivery
- Control Applications in Emerging Storatge technologies
- Control of Dual-Stage Actuators in hard Disk Drives
- Reel-to-Reel and Track Follow Servo Control for Tape Storage
A printable flyer is available for download here.
Below is a flash slide-show of some photos from the Workshop. If you have any that you would like to add, please email us.